Christian Center School is committed to excellence in academic achievement and quality instruction. The entire process of Christian education is seen as a means of bringing the student into fellowship with God, developing a Christian mind, and in training the student in Godly living. The reason is to equip the student with the tools needed to fulfill God’s total purpose for his life. This involves meeting the spiritual, moral, academic, physical, and social needs in conjunction with complementing factors of school, home, and church. CCS encourages learning that involves interaction between people and ideas. We believe God created everyone with individuality, value, purpose, and equality. Therefore, CCS seeks to enable each student to learn to make meaningful, Godly commitments and changes through individualization of instruction. We, therefore, acknowledge that the concepts and basis of a Christian educational philosophy are these:
- God is the creator and sustainer of all things, the source of all truth. God maintains control over His entire universe.
- God has revealed Himself in the person of Jesus Christ as attested in the Bible.
- Regeneration is by faith in Jesus Christ. True meaning can be ascertained only in the light of His person, purpose, and work.
- The student’s home, church, and school experiences and training should be a preparation for a life of fellowship with God and of service to man.
- At school, the teacher represents the extension of authority and discipline as an agent of the parent.
- God has given special abilities to each student. It is the parent’s and teacher’s responsibility to challenge each child according to those God given abilities and talents, and to seek to develop his/her potential to the maximum.
- The Christian is not to be conformed to this world’s standards, but must recognize and submit to the authority of our nation.
- Students should be encouraged to become spiritually mature and to grow into Christ-likeness. They have the responsibility to the world around them to become the world’s seasoning and light.