To educate and develop the whole child for Christian leadership and God’s glory.
ESLRS (Expected School wide Learning Results)
A Crusader is:
- Spiritually aware
- Academically prepared
- Socially equipped
- An effective communicator
Light the Bay Christian Academy’s goal is to provide avenues for the development of excellence in the areas of spirituality, academics, and character for each student entrusted in its care. Through this, we strive to cultivate effective future leaders. We will accomplish this by providing an accelerated program of learning that will produce a superior foundation upon which our students can build.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative written Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance, faith, and baptism by the blood of Christ.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Holy life.
Light the Bay Christian Academy is committed to excellence in academic achievement and quality instruction. The entire process of Christian education is seen as a means of bringing the student into fellowship with God, developing a Christian mind, and in training the student in Godly living. The reason is to equip the student with the tools needed to fulfill God’s total purpose for his life. This involves meeting the spiritual, moral, academic, physical, and social needs in conjunction with complementing factors of school, home, and church. LTBCA encourages learning that involves interaction between people and ideas. We believe God created everyone with individuality, value, purpose, and equality. Therefore, LTBCA seeks to enable each student to learn to make meaningful, Godly commitments and changes through individualization of instruction. We, therefore, acknowledge that the concepts and basis of a Christian educational philosophy are these:
- God is the creator and sustainer of all things, the source of all truth. God maintains control over His entire universe.
- God has revealed Himself in the person of Jesus Christ as attested in the Bible.
- Regeneration is by faith in Jesus Christ. True meaning can be ascertained only in the light of His person, purpose, and work.
- The student’s home, church, and school experiences and training should be a preparation for a life of fellowship with God and of service to man.
- At school, the teacher represents the extension of authority and discipline as an agent of the parent.
- God has given special abilities to each student. It is the parent’s and teacher’s responsibility to challenge each child according to those God given abilities and talents, and to seek to develop his/her potential to the maximum.
- The Christian is not to be conformed to this world’s standards, but must recognize and submit to the authority of our nation.
- Students should be encouraged to become spiritually mature and to grow into Christ-likeness. They have the responsibility to the world around them to become the world’s seasoning and light.